Australian farmers are some of the most forward-thinking and progressive farmers anywhere in the world. In many ways, even with large operations, the modern Australian farmer should look at him/herself as a “small” business owner.
Thankfully, today’s small business owner has never been more advantageously placed in the global market than they are today. Small business owners are able to take advantage of technological/operational/organisational advancements from all over the world, helping to improve the profitability and efficiency of their unique operations. The free flow of products and information has created a marketplace that allows for small business owners to use the same cutting-edge technology that giants in the industry can and do!
Over the next few months, we will explore many advantageous advancements that are now available to you, the Australian small business owner and primary producer.
Accounting software has progressed leaps and bounds in the past years improving functionality and ease of use while transitioning to the cloud for easier collaboration. We are even starting to see, as evident below, accounting software directly geared toward the agricultural industry.
While using a personal accountant or accounting firm is a phenomenal way to do end of year or end of season accounting, the beauty of desktop and cloud based accounting software is that, at any time a small business owner can check in on their financial standing with easily generated reports and statements. Furthermore, preparing for end of year audits is simple, your accountant can, through the secure and encrypted cloud, access all accounting data with your permission . . . without wasteful farm visits!
Below are just a few of the many options, in no particular order, available to the Australian small business owner.
Free Trials Available
“Figured is online software that is providing farmers with a better way to financially manage their farming operation. Its production planning and farm budgeting tools work seamlessly with online accounting software, Xero, enabling you to plan ahead with confidence and easily re-forecast when conditions change.”– www.figured.com
Plans range from $5 – $40 monthly per farm
- Integration with the AgriWebb Platform
- Option to work with a Figured Certified Adviser
- Secure Cloud Accounting
- Year End Production & Financial Reports
- Livestock and Cropping Valuations
- Track Livestock & Crop Movement
- Farm Operation Budgeting and Forecasting
- A true picture of your farm’s performance
Free Trials Available
“Online accounting software for small businesses”
Plans start from $5/month with the option for many add ons ranging from $3-$7 each/month
- Pick and Choose the features you want/need
- 24/7 support
- Real time cash flow
- Budgeting, GST & Reports
- Share with accountant or Bookkeeper
- Data stored on AWS servers
- Free Mobile App
Xero – Beautiful Accounting Software
Free Trials Available
“Everything you need to run your business, beautifully” – Xero.com
Plans range from $25 – $60/month
- 24/7 Support
- Create professional recurring invoices and receive updates when they’re opened.
- Your latest banking, credit card and PayPal transactions are imported and categorised.
- Inventory items speed up invoicing while tracking sales and purchases.
- Mobile App available
- Calculate the payroll, pay employees and manage payroll taxes.
- 500+ integrations
AgriMaster – Agribusiness accounting software
“Agrimaster is an agricultural software provider. Our products and services are aimed at empowering enterprises to better manage their businesses in a complex and rapidly changing environment.” – AgriMaster
Pricing: $1100 – AgriMaster Farm Manager. Includes;
- 12 month subscription
- 2 computer activations
- Customer File Setup
- Unlimited access to Learning Centre
- And much more
- Single Entry Cashbook
- Budgeting Tools
- Data & Stock Control
- Grain calculator
- Tax compliance
Plans range from $35/month – $110month
Free trials available
“Online accounting that makes tax time a breeze”
- Manages Quotes, Invoices and Statements
- Sell items, services or both
- Manage customers and suppliers
- Manage your Payroll
- Manage your Inventory
- Share real time with employees or accountants
- Mobile app available