Dalswinton Estate, Dumfries, DG2 0XZ
6 June 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
AgriWebb will be on-stand at the event and look forward to talking to farmers about how AgriWebb can help your livestock farm. We also look forward to catching up with our customers. Don’t forget to enter our competition!
Find us at stand MQ3 in the indoor marquee.
The event is on 6 June 2023 at the Dalswinton Estate in Dumfriesshire.
Buy your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scotlands-beef-event-tickets-594592992647
Want a book a time with us? Get in touch using the form on this page.
Key Themes presented on the day:
• Impact of technical efficiency on the carbon footprint of the suckler herd
• Carbon mitigation in practise
• Efficient land use management and boosting biodiversity
• Natural capital and carbon farming
Events taking place throughout the day:
• Thought Leadership Seminars with keynote speakers covering Agricultural Support Beyond 2023
– Seminar 1: 10.45am – 11.45am Agricultural Support Beyond 2023
– Seminar 2: 12.00pm – 1.00pm Sustainable Farming in Theory
– Seminar 3: 2.00pm – 3.00pm Sustainable Farming in Practise.
• Demonstrations covering Crops and Grassland
• Dalswinton Farm Tour – one of Scotland’s leading commercial beef farms
• Exhibition of 100 trade stands with networking opportunities
• Presentation of Beef Breed Society trade stands
Dalswinton Estate supports a suckler herd of 550 Aberdeen Angus and Shorthorn cross suckler cows producing yearling calves. All progeny are either finished on the farm or sold as forward stores, depending on market conditions and available space. Cows are crossed with mainly Charolais, also Aberdeen Angus and Shorthorn bulls to breed replacements.